Today we want to talk about the great and ultimate theme: love. Or, more accurately, the love of dead celebrities. Without further ado, our sketches and odes to the missing men of our dreams:
|susan: cary grant|
- Is quick-witted and hilarious on screen
- Is tall, dark, and handsome (see also: gorgeous)
- Always chose interesting roles
- Had range but was always funny
- Had great on-screen chemistry with the ladies... particularly Katharine Hepburn
In sum, this is the man I'd marry of he were alive and straight.
|rebecca: paul newman|
Why Paul Newman? For Cool Hand Luke, for the salad dressing, for saying "Why go out for a burger when you have a steak at home?" when asked if he'd ever been tempted to stray from his wife, for the hooded, sad eyes, for the sense he gave of being, au fond, a truly and genuinely decent man. And for being so beautiful I have to avert my eyes lest he burn a Paul Newman-shaped hole in my retina.