August 23, 2011

HOW-TO BEAUTY: A Natural Look

Susan shares her savvy on achieving a glowy, better-than-natural makeup style.


1. Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash: Even though I'm lucky enough not to have acne, I'm still in love with this product. It lathers up nicely, and smells very clean and fresh.

2. Neutrogena's Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer SPF 30: Brightens up and evens out the skin tone while using the perfect amount of SPF. 

3. Bare Escentuals - PRIME TIME: I love this stuff. There are a lot of foundation primers that really work out there and I've used them all, and recommend many of them. This is what I used today.

4. REVLON ColorStay Mineral Mousse: (in number #50) Can be a bit heavy since it's a mousse so feel free to use a tinted moisturizer or lighter foundation in place of this. 

5. stila illuminating liquid foundation: (in 10 watts) One of the best light-weight liquid foundations... plus it has that sheer shine we're going for.

6. Bare Minerals - mineral veil: Great finishing powder. Very sheer - no color coverage.

7. Bare Minerals - bronzer: One of my favorite bronzers... though be careful, loose bronzer is a slippery slope! lol

8. LORAC Blush: (in desire) This blush is fantastic, and this particular pigment has some sheen to it... which I love.

9. Bare Minerals - illuminating mineral veil: I can't talk any more highly about this product. It helps create the sheen on the cheekbones and browbone that we really want. 

10. Urban Decay - NAKED eyeshadow palette: This is probably the most used product I have. There is a wide range of colors so it's versatile for any look you're trying to achieve. Invest in this guy... you'll use it every day!

11. Bare Escentuals - BUXOM lash: Wow. just wow. 

12. Lip Fusion XL: Plumps up those puckers! 

13. smashbox - the nude lip pencil: (in fair) Great color, easy to apply.

14. smashbox - lip enhancing glass, sheer color: (in pop) The sheer color is lovely. My only complaint is that because it's a brush, it frays after a few uses (pushing it back into the tube!) and can turn out looking like a dandelion after a while (but I still love it).

15. OLAY age defying intensive nourishing night cream: So when you make your way home and are ready to crawl into bed, smooth some of this over your skin and thank me in the morning.

--Susan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment